The past two weeks have been rather simple, just catching up on the remaining updates from release monitoring, and also those that monitoring missed. I’m also working through some build/test failures for various reasons.
Most failures are around the Python 3.8 rebuild. Generally, upstreams are aware
of the problems, or I could have reported a bug about it. So fixing these
involve backporting fixes that are to be in the next releases. For
un-retired the package, and disabled the failing arches. I’ve given up on
hoping someone might figure out the gcc issue, so I’m just leaving the
arch-specific bugs (RHBZ#1745840, RHBZ#1745841) as they are.
I adopted a few R packages that were given up by another packager:
I’m also a bit late in updating
git-lfs, but I ran into a test deadlock
bug. Upstream put together a
fix pretty quickly, so it’s in
testing now. I also took advantage of upstream’s new vendor customization to
add a release string to the version information:
$ git lfs version git-lfs/2.8.0 (Fedora 32; linux amd64; go 1.13rc1)
Unfortunately, I messed up the release numbers a bit between Fedora releases (as you can see the duplicates in the table below), but that should get cleaned up in the next upstream version of the affected packages.
There are only a couple of new ones, to be used by the new
Since that update contains breaking changes, these packages are only going in
Fedora 31, unless something else happens to need it.
- R-gargle — Utilities for Working with Google APIs
- R-lifecycle — Manage the Life Cycle of your Package Functions
Catching up on some Go reviews now that
mock is working again.
- golang-contrib-opencensus-exporter-aws — OpenCensus Go exporters for AWS
- golang-contrib-opencensus-integrations-o — OpenCensus SQL database driver wrapper for Go
- golang-github-frankban-quicktest — Quick helpers for testing Go applications
- libspng — Simple, modern libpng alternative
- waypipe — Wayland forwarding proxy
- golang-github-mmcloughlin-geohash — Golang geohash library
- golang-github-vultr-govultr — Vultr Go API client
- golang-github-nrdcg-namesilo — Go library for accessing the Namesilo API