It has been quite a long time since the last post, unfortunately, but I’m not gone yet. I was fairly busy for a couple of weeks, and then taking a little break while waiting for the Fedora 31 Mass Rebuild to finish. But here we go with what’s been taking place.
The major bit of work leading up to the Mass Rebuild was getting all Go
packages up do date to the newly approved
This involved several refreshes of packages, newly created packages, and other
general cleanup, implemented almost entirely by Robert-André Mauchin
(eclipseo) for all the Go libraries. Unfortunately, this missed adding
Obsoletes to the renamed packages, so I (manually) tracked commit
notifications and wrote a script to add these in. There were nearly 200 of
these, which is too many to list here, but you can find them on
I also tried to finish up some of this work by updating the applications as well. I believe all of mine are ready, plus several others, but there are still many more to go that are not part of the Go SIG or have strong vendoring that makes it difficult to unbundle and build against our packages.
The other thing I tried to finish before the Mass Rebuild was getting any FTBFS
packages working again. This meant fixing tests for various updated packages,
asv against latest
python-octave-kernel against Octave
new Liberation font
As part of RHBZ#1570421, I wrote a few patches too remove the use of
github.com/kardianos/osext, which is deprecated upstream and now provided by
the Go standard library.
Otherwise, updates were fairly light. I’m pretty sure release monitoring is broken though, so I’ll need to do some manual checks again. I did take a slight break while waiting for the Mass Rebuild to finish as well. So soon I’ll get back on things, but it’s been rather relaxing otherwise.
There are two new interesting applications that have finally been built:
and the libraries to support them, which were mentioned in earlier posts.
- python-geopy — A Python client for several popular geocoding web services
- python-imagehash — A Python perceptual image hashing module
- golang-github-jsimonetti-rtnetlink — Low-level access to the Linux rtnetlink API
- golang-github-mikioh-ipaddr — Basic functions for the manipulation of IP address prefixes
- python-pytest-sugar — Change the default look and feel of pytest
- python-netpyne — Develop, simulate and analyse biological neuronal networks in NEURON (blocked due to dependencies)
- python-matplotlib-scalebar — Artist for matplotlib to display a scale bar